SAMA Global Membership Requirements
(1) Abacus and mental arithmetic companies with legal business licenses in their residing countries
(2) Complete payment for a one-time $1,000 US of Membership Admission Fee. The annual membership fee is $1,000 US every year, starting in the first year.
(3) The membership period is from August 1 and ends on July 31 of the following year. New members that join in between this period will pay an annual membership fee based on the number of months remaining in the period.
(4) The membership certificate is renewed every year. It will be presented to members during every year’s SAMA Competition.
(5) All member countries will receive 200 certification exam quota every year. Abacus exam and mental arithmetic are two separate categories, and both count toward the quota. SAMA will charge $3 for every extra certificate.
(6) If a member has more than 500 exams in a given year, it will enjoy a 50% discount on the annual membership fee that year. If a member has more than 1,000 exams in a given year, it will receive a 100% discount on its annual membership fee that year.
Example: 700 exams in a year, the membership fee will be: (700 – 200 free exams) = 500 actual exams
$3 x 500 exams = $1,500 USD (certificate exam fee)
$1500 USD + $500 USD (annual membership discount) = $2,000 USD (actual payable amount for that year
(7) Each member country can either have the chairman act as the professional trainer or assign one staff
member for the role. This candidate must complete the full training program with the Secretariat and pass the associated exam to receive the three-star instructor certificate.
(8) Members can charge registration fees for certification exams, creating another revenue stream. Members only need to submit the aforementioned fees to SAMA Secretariat and keep the rest.
(9) All the instructors from our member companies can attend SAMA’s Online Symposium for free.
(10) Members can send exceptional students to SAMA’s International Competition (hosted in a different country every year).
(11) Several other services are also available (additional fees apply): professional instructor training (for various skill levels), professional instructor certificates, learning materials (65 books in total), professional instruction videos (30 videos in total).
(12) The membership admission fee and annual fee are not refundable under any circumstance.